The Conference will discuss major issues of importance for biomass markets, in technical and business areas, from resource assessment to market and policy developments, drawing on leading experiences from all over the world.
As a result of the review of the 900 abstracts received from 65 nations applying for presentation, the EU BC&E International Scientific Committee, made up of more than 140 leading experts from the global biomass community, has defined and structured the EU BC&E 2013 Conference Programme which now comprises:
- 70 sessions that cover all aspects of biomass
- 19 sessions on Research and Demonstration on Conversion Technologies for Energy and Chemicals
- 12 sessions on Biomass Resources
- 270 plenary and oral presentations and more than 500 visual presentations
- 5 Keynote Presentations, in which high ranking speakers from international research facilities and from the global biomass industry give an overview and outlook on the latest technologies and future challenges of biomass
- An oral session on the environmental impact of greenhouse gases from bioenergy systems that has been structured with more time arranged for a depth discussion
- Parallel events fully addressing current “hot topics” in the biomass sector
Excellence, novelty and scope for innovation are the strict criteria to be respected in order to present at the conference and a number of"Best Contributions" are selected for further peer review and publishing in scientific journals.
With an expecting number of 2000 attendees and an ever growing number of exhibitors the EU BC&E Exhibition has become one of the key events in Europe and worldwide for companies and professionals operating at the top end of biomass and bioenergy sector.
The EU BC&E exhibition will feature
- Excellent business and networking platform
- Showcase for technology and service providers of the Biomass and related sectors
- National pavilions open up market regions
- Interaction with specialists from the entire Biomass value chain
- Live presentations of state-of-the-art technologies
List of exhibitors
“I am convinced that the conference by bringing the latest science to a wider audience will help to keep up the momentum in reducing CO2 emissions, both in terms of the technological development and the political goals.
The City of Copenhagen has set the goal to be CO2-neutral in 2025 - as the first capital in the world. Therefore Copenhagen is sort of a testbed, which hopefully can give inspiration to many of you” (Anders Eldrup
Conference General Chairman, Chairman of the Copenhagen Cleantech Cluster).
“Denmark has set the course towards becoming a truly green economy with an energy supply entirely independent of fossil fuels by 2050. In a future low carbon economy, bioenergy can play a significant role and contribute substantially to the global energy supply. It is crucial that the bioeconomy is unfolded in a sustainable and ethically sound way avoiding a negative impact on other global challenges such as scarcity of food and climate change. I am confident that the conference will focus on the potential for balanced solutions to our common challenges.
Danish companies and universities cooperate closely to offer world-class biobased solutions globally. The delegates will meet many of them in Copenhagen. I hope every delegate will benefit from the opportunity to exchange knowledge and extend networks” (Martin Lidegaard,Danish Minister of Climate, Energy and Building).
Held in different countries annually, the European Biomass Conference and Exhibition (EU BC&E) successfully combines a highly renowned international Scientific Conference with an Industry Exhibition. It has been running for over 30 years thus rightfully gaining its status among the world’s most influential events in the biomass sector.
The event aims at ancouraging an international exchange of experience on scientific research, development and policy, manufacturing and installation and to be a showcase for the latest technologies. It will bring together a network of international bioenergy experts with expertise in each and every biomass sector